Long headline on two lines to turn your visitors into users Scan and go technology has great potential to completely change the brick-and-mortar landscape. In fact, in a survey conducted by GPShopper in the United States, about 48% of digital users think that scan and go will make shopping easier. About 43% will choose to try scan and go than wait in a regular checkout line.
Leading the way are Amazon Go stores, allowing a “just walk out” experience which many other major retailers like Macy’s and Krogers are now emulating. Undoubtedly, scan and go technology is helping retailers overhaul the customers buying experience. In this article, we get to know more about Scan and Go Technology and how rugged devices can play a huge role in its implementation.
What is Scan and Go Technology?
Scan and go technology refers to a system that allows shoppers to scan the items they wish to purchase with their own personal device (e.g., smartphone) while they shop, and then pay for their items without the need to wait in line at a traditional checkout counter.
To use scan and go technology, shoppers typically need to download a store’s app or use a store-provided scanner to scan the barcodes of the items they want to purchase. The scanned items are then added to a virtual cart, and the total cost is calculated in real-time. Once the shopper is ready to check out, they can use their personal device to pay for the items using a stored payment method, such as a credit card or mobile payment service.
Scan and go technology can help to speed up the checkout process and reduce wait times for shoppers. It can also help stores to reduce the number of checkout staff they need to employ, as fewer staff members may be needed to monitor the traditional checkout counters. However, some critics argue that the adoption of scan and go technology may lead to job losses in the retail sector.
Reasons Why Companies Should Implement Scan and Go Technology
- Improved customer experience: Scan and go technology can help to improve the shopping experience for customers by reducing wait times at checkout. This can lead to increased customer satisfaction and potentially increased loyalty to the store.
- Increased efficiency: Scan and go technology can help to streamline the checkout process and make it more efficient. This can help to reduce the time it takes for customers to check out, which can help to reduce congestion in stores and improve the flow of customers through the store.
- Cost savings: Implementing scan and go technology can help stores to reduce the number of staff members needed to man traditional checkout counters. This can lead to cost savings for the store in terms of labour costs.
- Increased sales: By making the checkout process quicker and more efficient, scan and go technology can help to reduce the barriers to purchase for customers. This can lead to increased sales for the store.
- Competitive advantage: Adopting scan and go technology can give a store a competitive advantage over other stores that do not offer this service. It can help to differentiate the store from its competitors and attract customers who value the convenience of being able to check out quickly.
Rugged devices, such as rugged smartphones or tablets, can be used in scan and go technology as a means for shoppers to scan the items they wish to purchase. Rugged devices are designed to be tough and durable, making them suitable for use in busy retail environments where they may be subjected to rough handling or accidental drops.
In a scan and go system, shoppers can use a rugged device to scan the barcodes of the items they wish to purchase. The device can then add the items to a virtual cart and calculate the total cost in real-time. Once the shopper is ready to check out, they can use the rugged device to pay for their items using a stored payment method.
The use of rugged devices in scan and go technology can help to increase the reliability and durability of the system, as these devices are less prone to damage than regular consumer-grade smartphones or tablets. This can help to reduce downtime and maintenance costs for the store. Scan and go technology has the potential to transform the way that people shop and check out at stores. Here are a few reasons why it is considered to be the future of retail:
Scan and go technology allows shoppers to scan and pay for their items on their own personal device while they shop, eliminating the need to wait in line at a traditional checkout counter. This can be a highly convenient experience for shoppers, especially those who are in a hurry.
Scan and go technology can help to streamline the checkout process and make it more efficient. This can help to reduce the time it takes for customers to check out, which can help to reduce congestion in stores and improve the flow of customers through the store.
With the rise of mobile payment systems, scan and go technology can enable shoppers to pay for their items using a contactless payment method, such as a mobile wallet or NFC payment. This can help to reduce the risk of transmission of germs and bacteria during the payment process.
Scan and go technology can allow stores to gather data on their customers’ shopping habits and preferences. This can enable stores to personalise their marketing and recommend products to shoppers based on their past purchases.
Overall, scan and go technology has the potential to revolutionise the retail industry by improving the shopping experience for customers and increasing efficiency for stores.